[Ovirt-devel] How can i contribute for ovirt?

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Mon Oct 27 09:08:32 UTC 2008

周鹏 wrote:
> I go through almost all the code of ovirt WUI and the backend process
> such as host-status.rb, taskomatic.rb and others. Also i have set up a
> enviroment in my home to run ovrit manager and nodes (with local storage)
> I am thinking what can i do to contribute this project, for example
> international it?

Excellent, as it is usual saying in open-source projects: patches welcome :)
For general does and donts, please see Rich Jones' nice writeup http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/how-to-supply-code-to-open-source-projects/

> Since i did not get information from www.ovirt.org web page, i have to

We have http://ovirt.org/contribute.html
but it could be made clearer. But basically, follow http://ovirt.org/build-instructions.html and checkout 'next' branch from git repositories and send patches to the ovirt-devel list.
Create your local git branch and rebase it to 'next' before sending patches with git-send-email.
For Git Crash Courses see http://git.or.cz/