[Ovirt-devel] image minimizer in ovirt-node-image kickstart

Perry N. Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Thu Oct 9 04:08:58 UTC 2008

Noticed that there is a new section in the common-post.ks in
ovirt-node-image using something call Image Minimizer.  I assume this is
the whitelist/blacklist solution that the AOS team has been working on?

Some of the output from that is suspect...  Here's what I'm seeing:

> Running image-minimizer...
> Unknown Command: touch
> e2fsck 1.41.0 (10-Jul-2008)
> Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
> Pass 2: Checking directory structure
> Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
> Pass 4: Checking reference counts
> Pass 5: Checking group summary information
> ovirt-node-image: 3724/35200 files (1.1% non-contiguous), 52460/140800 blocks
> e2fsck 1.41.0 (10-Jul-2008)
> Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
> Pass 2: Checking directory structure
> Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
> Pass 4: Checking reference counts
> Pass 5: Checking group summary information
> Directories count wrong for group #0 (441, counted=241).
> Fix? yes
>

> ovirt-node-image: ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
> ovirt-node-image: 3724/14080 files (2.1% non-contiguous), 51098/51098 blocks

Don't know if the resulting fsck is caused by the image minimizer or not,
but if someone else can replicate what I'm seeing here we need to look
into this.

Also, the "Unknown command: touch" seems to be coming from the image
minimizer as well.

Perry