[Ovirt-devel] Trouble on loading the VM onto the node

Perry N. Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Mon Sep 1 15:28:08 UTC 2008

Naoya Terashima wrote:
> I tried
>
> #virsh -c qemu+ssh://192.168.50.136/system list
>
> But message "No route to host" came out.
> In the first place,I can't see node136 by the command
>
> #virsh list --all

node136 might not be a real node... It could be the result of a recursive
Node boot.  That can happen if you allow a Node to PXE boot to the Node
itself (then you have a node running within a node).

Version 0.92-1 of the software makes it more difficult for this scenario
to happen, since we've begun integration with cobbler to handle provisioning.

So you can probably just ignore node136 then.

> The output by the command is
>
> 1 developer             running
> 2 node3                  running
> 3 node4                  running
> 4 node5                  running
> - ovirt-appliance     shut off

I see you have ovirt-appliance present which is version 0.92-1 of oVirt.
But you are currently running developer.  Can you get rid of the older
version (0.91-1) and try only running 0.92-1?  If there is a problem I'd
like to make sure it's in the latest version of the code.  No sense in
debugging a version of the code that is out of date.

> But surely there is the node 136 in the Hardware Pool named Test (child of
> default).
> So what should I do?

If you don't see the other nodes running on node3, 4 or 5 it means they
are not actively running right now.  It could be that the status fields in
the WUI are not correct.

Can you sign onto the IRC channel on freenode.net?  (The channel name is
#ovirt)  It might be easier to figure this out if we worked over IRC
instead of email.

Thanks,

Perry