[Ovirt-devel] Re: NIC bonding and failover...

Konrad Rzeszutek konrad at virtualiron.com
Thu Sep 4 19:10:45 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 08:43:24PM +0200, Chris Lalancette wrote:
> Konrad Rzeszutek wrote:
> > .. snip ..
> >> modprobe bond mode=# arp_ping=ip arp_interval=xxx
> >
> > You still need the steps to enslave a NIC to the bond, setting which type it is, etc.
>
> Right, this will all be done at boot time, based on what the admin configures.

<scratches his head>

What is the delivery mechanism? Is it going to be similar to the way the krb5.tab is
being found+pulled. And then the config file would be parsed and set the right
things? Or would this be done via libvirt (http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/TodoNICBonding)

.. snip ..

> > I would be curious to know what you guys think is the right way to solve these problems?
>
> Don't get me wrong; there are a lot of issues around bonding.  But I guess we'll
> start small and build from there :).

Yes definitely. I am trying to grok the libvirt+ovirt way and figured that asking
questions like these would crystallize a good understanding in my mind.