[Ovirt-devel] Feedback on the ovirt build docs

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 15:11:12 UTC 2008

I just built ovirt based on the new repo split. Some feedback on the
docs [1]

- You list the repos, which caused me to go check them out. Then, the
cool make file did it again. I would suggest a note to that effect to
save the download time.

- The make file variables should be higher in the doc. I started running
the steps, stopped to make sure the repo was on the next branch, then
saw that the variables would have done it for me.

- My first build failed, then I set the OVIRT_BRANCH and FEDORA_URL env
variables and it worked. Dont know if I got a bad mirror, or if those
have to be set.

Other then that.. very good and much improved over the last time I tried it.

-- bk

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/build-instructions.html