[Ovirt-devel] Question about ovirt migration

Atsushi SAKAI sakaia at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Sep 8 06:36:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

I want to confirm the ovirt migration status.
(This is available only usual version not developer version.)

In my understanding,
KVM supports migration, Qemu does not support migration at this moment.
For this situation, ovirt for developer does not support migration.
So we test migration. We need to use usual ovirt?
Is this my understanding correct?

+------+----+---+  +---+
|      |Adm |Gst|  |Gst|     Qemu guest
|      |Node+---+--+------+
|      |    |Manag1|Manag2|  KVM guest
|            KVM          |
==Developer version image==

Ref qemu/migration.c migration.h in kvm-userspace
    start_migration, migrate_write, migrate_finish
    (which does not exist on qemu original code.)
http://git.kernel.org/?p=virt/kvm/kvm-userspace.git;a=blob;f=qemu/migration.c;h=a64a28744e89e3fc3f9bb0319f2ae3e0b703b375;hb=HEAD

Thanks
Atsushi SAKAI