[Ovirt-devel] Updated kvm and libvirt packages in the repos

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Mon Sep 15 10:38:03 UTC 2008

All,
     Just as a heads up, I've uploaded new versions of the kvm and libvirt
packages to our ovirt repos.
     The kvm change is minor, but important; it takes away our temporary hack to
fix the PXE boot under emulation and fixes it with the proper patch that went
into upstream qemu.  Most users probably won't even notice.
     The libvirt change is more substantial; F-9 is presently going to get a
0.4.5 updated libvirt package, which would have superseded the version in our
ovirt repos.  To get ahead of that, I forward-ported the migration patch that we
are currently carrying to 0.4.5, built it, and uploaded it.
     I've done light testing with both of these packages, and things seem to be
working as they were before.  But especially since 0.4.5 is so new, please give
it a test.  If there are problems, please let me know via this list.

--
Chris Lalancette