[Ovirt-devel] oVirt APIs as EC2 web services ?

Hugh O. Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 12:17:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 08:56:24AM +0200, Noel Rocher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in using an API similar to EC2 WS to manage
> images/instances by program.
> I can't see anything like this from the web site.
> Can you show me the right path ?
> (I'm using Java technology but anything will do it)
> Thanks a lot.

Hi Noel.

In the latest release of oVirt there is a REST API that will allow you
to script most oVirt operations. We will be adding a command-line
interface soon. Unfortunately the API is in its early stages, so it
may not (yet) do what you want. I'm afraid it's also largely
undocumented at the moment. However, grab us on
irc.freenode.net:#ovirt and we'll try to point you in the right
direction.

Take care,
--Hugh