[Ovirt-devel] Dnsmasq on the ovirt-server

Hugh O. Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 14:50:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 09:43:33AM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> This is probably because of my unfamiliarity with dnsmasq but right now
> I've got a dhcp server setup to give out proper info but it's fighting
> with the dnsmasq service on the ovirt-server.
>
> Can someone explain how dnsmasq fits into the ovirt stack?

Hey Mike. We install dnsmasq on the oVirt server for the sole purpose
of doing DNS/DHCP/PXE for the oVirt admin network. If you are
providing those services with your own infrastructure, which is
perfectly fine, then you should kill the dnsmasq instance on the oVirt
server altogether.

Hope this helps,
--Hugh