[Ovirt-devel] Installing Ovirt

Joey Boggs jboggs at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 15:40:33 UTC 2009

Oshrit,

For ease of tracking could you be sure all replies are cc'ed to
ovirt-devel at redhat.com or select reply all

Does the management machine only have one nic in it? The lines commented
out should work fine in a machine with 2 nics though. Updated
instructions will be out shortly the current set are at:
http://ovirt.org/docs/Using_the_oVirt_Server_Suite_User_Interface/

You will need to setup your nodes using pxe and they will appear in the
management console  http://$managementserver/ovirt  your login is
ovirtadmin and the password is the one set for freeipa in the installer.

Here's some cobbler setup steps that will help you provision virtual
machines once your nodes are up and running
You will need an Fedora 10 install cd can be either 32/64 bit we'll use
x86_64 bit in the example

Make a temporary directory /media/f10dvd
If using a physical cd
   Mount the install cd: mount /dev/cdrom /tmp/f10dvd
If using an iso file
   Mount the install cd: mount -o loop $filename /tmp/f10dvd

cobbler import --mirror=/tmp/f10dvd --name=Fedora10

-----------------------------
Optional (add a Fedora updates repo) 12GB or so of data to sync and will
take a few hours, can be added later
- Get a mirror url from:
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-f10&arch=x86_64
- Goto the cobbler web ui add another repo, set the name:
Fedora10-x86_64-updates and the mirror location to one from the above
list check mirror locally and keep updated
- In the web ui click on the Fedora10-x86_64 profile go down to the repo
section and add the repo just created
- Click sync on the left corner

A simple kickstart is provided for the Fedora10-x86_64 profile and can
be customized for your setup.
You can now pxe boot or provision virtual machines to the ovirt nodes
from the web management console