[Ovirt-devel] yum update broke ovirt

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish-group.com
Tue Aug 4 03:19:16 UTC 2009

Justin Clacherty wrote:
>> However, I am unable to add storage (iSCSI).  If I add storage it
>> just times out saying that "No agent responded within the timeout
>> period.".  If I ssh to the node and run "iscsiadm --mode discovery
>> --type sendtargets --portal 192.168.50.190" the node returns the
>> available targets so it seems the node can see the san.  I can't see
>> any obvious errors in the logs on the management server and there's
>> nothing in the logs on the node.  It looks as though the management
>> server isn't sending the request to the node.  Can you provide some
>> direction on this?
>
> Spoke too soon.  If you wait long enough then add the storage it
> magically works :)

I had to restart the node to get the network bondings to register.  Also
had to restart the management server because the VM I'd tried to create
was marked as unreachable so I couldn't do anything with it (including
delete it).  After restarting I experienced the same error when I went
to start the VM.

"No agent responded within the timeout period."

Waited 10 minutes and still no luck so I deleted one of the storage
pools and re-added it, this seemed to have woken up the node.  Now I get:

"Error creating virtual machine: Error: Error creating new domain
(virDomainCreate). Subsystem qemu: internal error unable to start guest:
bind(unix:/var/run/libvirt/qemu/Services.monitor): Permission denied
qemu: could not open monitor device
'unix:/var/run/libvirt/qemu/Services.monitor,server,nowait' in
DomainWrap.cpp:ManagementMethod:115"

When I try to start the VM.

Justin.