[Ovirt-devel] yum update broke ovirt

Ian Main imain at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 18:18:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 13:19:16 +1000
Justin Clacherty <justin at redfish-group.com> wrote:

> Justin Clacherty wrote:
> >> However, I am unable to add storage (iSCSI).  If I add storage it
> >> just times out saying that "No agent responded within the timeout
> >> period.".  If I ssh to the node and run "iscsiadm --mode discovery
> >> --type sendtargets --portal 192.168.50.190" the node returns the
> >> available targets so it seems the node can see the san.  I can't see
> >> any obvious errors in the logs on the management server and there's
> >> nothing in the logs on the node.  It looks as though the management
> >> server isn't sending the request to the node.  Can you provide some
> >> direction on this?
> >
> > Spoke too soon.  If you wait long enough then add the storage it
> > magically works :)
> >

> I had to restart the node to get the network bondings to register.  Also
> had to restart the management server because the VM I'd tried to create
> was marked as unreachable so I couldn't do anything with it (including
> delete it).  After restarting I experienced the same error when I went
> to start the VM.
>
> "No agent responded within the timeout period."
>
> Waited 10 minutes and still no luck so I deleted one of the storage
> pools and re-added it, this seemed to have woken up the node.  Now I get:
>
> "Error creating virtual machine: Error: Error creating new domain
> (virDomainCreate). Subsystem qemu: internal error unable to start guest:
> bind(unix:/var/run/libvirt/qemu/Services.monitor): Permission denied
> qemu: could not open monitor device
> 'unix:/var/run/libvirt/qemu/Services.monitor,server,nowait' in
> DomainWrap.cpp:ManagementMethod:115"

The "No agent responded.." issue is likely a bug in QMF.  I have seen this
myself a few times.  There are various bugs in qmf/qpid causing us grief
still.

If this happens again, you can try running /usr/share/ovirt-server/libvirt-list.rb
which uses qmf to display any libvirt-qpid node instances and various
information about each node.  Its really just for your info however.  To really
fix it we need to fix qmf.. you can try restarting taskomatic and qpidd to
see if that helps too.

   Ian