[Ovirt-devel] I'm all for it

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Tue Dec 29 13:23:19 UTC 2009

On 12/29/2009 02:39 AM, Guillaume FORTAINE wrote:

>> I'm not 100% sure I understand what Mr. Fortaine is getting at from the
>> emails he has sent out.  (i.e. I'm not sure if he is driving at a
>> particular usage model of oVirt Node or if he is advocating a BIOS HV
>> implementation)
>>

> We are advocating a BIOS HV implementation.This design proposal come
> from 3 engineering concerns :

I agree that there is a good case for trying to move this functionality
into BIOS/firmware.  However, as I stated earlier that is not what the
oVirt Node project is working on at the current time.

As Ingmar suggested earlier in this thread, if oVirt isn't the project
that meets your needs, and what you need (BIOS HV implementation) isn't in
our roadmap, then perhaps starting a new open source project to accomplish
this makes sense.

Thanks,

Perry