[Ovirt-devel] Installing a VM in oVirt 0.96

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Mon Feb 2 20:20:10 UTC 2009

Carb, Brian A wrote:
> I added a slax iso and then did the image add in cobbler. Then, when I create a VM, the slax cobbler ISO entry showed up in the interface drop-down as you said it would, and so I selected it. But the VM refuses to start - taskomatic.log shows a libvir error:
>
> libvir: Storage error : XML description for missing storage pool source host name is not well formed or invalid
>
> i have /ovirtnfs added as a storage pool. I tried adding /cobblernfs but this didn't seem to fix anything.
>
> any ideas?

Can you give me the exact syntax for cobbler that you used to add the
image?  The syntax for the nfs:// url part needs to follow some strict
conventions in order to work properly, but upstream cobbler doesn't do any
validation of that string so it won't tell you if you did it incorrectly.

This thread on ovirt-devel is useful and will probably help fix your issue:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/ovirt-devel/2008-December/msg00234.html

Perry