[Ovirt-devel] Migration issues

Carb, Brian A Brian.Carb at unisys.com
Thu Feb 12 18:04:21 UTC 2009

Running ovirt 0.96, 4 host nodes available, vm installed using the appliance's /ovirtnfs/disk1

If I have a VM running on node1 and I select "migrate" to node2, the task is queued but migration never happens and the taskomatic log shows "libvir: Remote error : socket closed unexpectedly"

When I login to node2 and examine the message in /var/log/libvirt/qemu/vm.log, the log shows that qemu is trying to access the vm's disk as /mnt/xxxxxx (some generated tmp directory name) but no mountpoint with that name exists - there appears to be a mountpoint with a different randomly generated name. If I manually create a mountpoint with the correct name (and mount the /ovirtnfs there), then migration works.

Also, the correct hostname on which the VM is running (after migration) is not correctly updated for the VM in the ovirt dashboard.

Are these known issues or am i doing something wrong?

brian carb
unisys corporation - malvern, pa
brian.carb at unisys.com