[Ovirt-devel] The oVirt networking UI

Mohammed Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 23:00:15 UTC 2009

Sorry for the delay, busy week, and various issues came up with these
changes that I needed to figure out a way around. Just sent a patch
addressing everything save the device filtering on the node side.
Everything should be laid out in the commit log, but I want to point out
the following things

 - The 'default' networks concept has been removed as the unique host /
network constraint has been added to the nics / bondings tables and
model. eg. Its now not possible to assign all newly discovered nics on a
host to a default network as that would violate that constraint
 - A one to many association has been added between networks and vms,
but a vm does not need to specify a network (since the default network
doesn't exist, no networks could be present when creating / starting a vm)
 - Upon creating / editing a vm, a network must be assigned if that vm
is set to pxe or cobbler boot (no network is required for hd boots). Its
possible a network can be selected upon creating / editing a vm, but no
devices on that network be present on the node hosting it when it is
started. Thus if this scenario occurs, taskomatic will fail to start the
vm by raising an exception.

Most everything else was pretty straight forward.

   -Mo