[Ovirt-devel] create own Virtual Machines

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 16:13:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 07:51:08AM -0800, Sven Wurth wrote:
> Hi Ovirt-Devel,
>
> Ovirt rocks, I installaed all the stuff and attached 2
> ovirt-4-core-nodes.
> ... now I like to start some Virtual Machine installations via ISO files
> But I could find this funktion, I have only the default Operating System
> here
> (PXE boot, Boot from HD, Fedora 10, Ovirt Node)
> How could I start my own System/Installation ?

Within your oVirt Server machine's Cobbler instance, you can import an
ISO file and have it available for VMs.

1. Copy the ISO file into an NSF-exported directory on the server.
2. On the server, import that ISO using the following cobbler command:

cobbler image add --name="Farkle" --file=nfs://hostname/path/to/image

3. In the oVirt server suite, there should be a new OS option available
that has the same name as was entered in #2 above.

Virtual Machine Management - http://www.ovirt.org/
Is fearr Gaeilge bhriste ná Béarla cliste.