[Ovirt-devel] Re: are 'migration' between hosts working ?

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Tue Jan 13 07:36:25 UTC 2009

pronix pronix wrote:
> yes, it is working.
>
> i have a question: should destroy domain on old host ,when i migrate
> vm to new host, and create on new host ?
> because after reboot vm come back to old host.
> pardon my english :)

Well, that depends on what you mean.  Every time you shut down a guest, and
start it again, it re-runs the algorithm to decide what the "best" host to start
a guest is.  If the best host is still the "old" host, then yes, it will restart
it over there.

If you really don't want it to start on the old host, you can mark the old host
as "unavailable", which will make it automatically skip that host.

In any case, thanks for the bug fix.  Ian, can you give this a quick review/test
of this patch, and then we can commit it?

--
Chris Lalancette