[Ovirt-devel] storage provisioning problems

Eric Van Hensbergen ericvh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 16:29:14 UTC 2009

I've been trying to deploy ovirt on a multi-node cluster for the past
couple releases and always hit the same sticking point.
Everything seems to come up fine, including the other nodes, but when
I try to connect to an iSCSI server, the server gets stuck in
pending_setup.

In the most recent case (with Fedora 10 and ovirt 0.96), I followed
the iSCSI directions for setting up an iSCSI server on the primary
host which is running the ovirt appliance
(192.168.50.1 from the ovirt view of the world).  I verified that I
could discover/login to the iSCSI disk from the ovirt appliance.

Its probably something stupid I'm doing, but this is probably worth
adding to the troubleshooting section of the wiki at the very least.

               -eric