[Ovirt-devel] ovirt-server patch for vm failover and actual data set to db

Ian Main imain at redhat.com
Sat Jan 31 06:04:00 UTC 2009

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:43:41 +0300
Василец Дмитрий <pronix.service at gmail.com> wrote:

> i split patch and reformat it
> first part is  for set actual data to db about vm
> second add wui button for enable/disable restart vm if crash host and code
> for do it (without fencing mechanism)

Reformat looks good, I think this is a good idea.  It's great that you
added a toggle to the WUI. I wanted to look through the db-omatic
changes and try it out but I can't get this patch to apply. Both the
inline and the attachments have issues.. in fact the inline patch is
better but there is line wrapping, while the attachments have strange
character conversions like all the = are =3D etc. . I tried to
straighten it out but it was harder than I thought it would be.

Do you know how to use git-send-email?  That would be the best
solution.  Generally when we are doing development we will do eg:

# Create a new branch to work in
git branch vm_failover

# Move to that branch (check it out)
git checkout vm_failover

# do work..

# this makes a patch of the last commit and will save it in a
# file 0001-your-patch-name
git-format-patch -1

# sends email to the list for you with your commit
# message
git-send-email 0001-your-patch-name

If you have changes on the 'next' branch already then just commit them
and use git-format-patch and git-send-email.

Let me know if you have troubles with this.

Thanks for the patch!  I look forward to trying it out.

	Ian