[Ovirt-devel] storage not showing up for new VM

Michael Fairchild mfairchild at att.com
Mon Jul 6 23:15:23 UTC 2009

Hello,
   I have setup an Ovirt server as per the docs at http://ovirt.org/page/Devel_Quickstart
  on a fedora 10 machine.
I am able to PXE boot my nodes and they show up in the server admin.
I have added 2 NFS storage pools and a block device in one of the
pools. However, when I add a virtual machine to a virtual machine pool
within the pool that contains the storage, the storage table is
empty.   When i try and boot the virtual machine, it fails with a
resources unavailable error, which makes sense.
  Here are two screenshots illustrating my situation:

http://img.skitch.com/20090706-xw7yuwtqc4bw5qsbm71pkygr81.jpg
http://img.skitch.com/20090706-cy5xwyubdyd3hg6egsj4xesrmy.jpg

I would be grateful if someone has a suggestion what I might do to get
the storage showing up.

Thank You,
Michael Fairchild
(stimble on irc)