[Ovirt-devel] GlusterFS patches for ovirt-server, ovirt-node, ovirt-node-image

Harshavardhana harsha at gluster.com
Thu Jul 30 11:11:29 UTC 2009

Jason,

   Oh this problem is becoz of the mount.glusterfs in 2.0.1 had some issues
taking command line arguments for remote directory to mount. We fixed this
in 2.0.2 and above, this is why i kept the version starting from 2.0.2. I
did log a bugzilla case against the Fedora glusterfs maintainer to update to
our latest release 2.0.4, and also its updated in f12 rawhide "
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=124719"

And yes there are some configuration mistakes you did for server side
configuration.
I have attached files for server and client which you can keep it at
192.168.50.1 and
test it.

Here is a collaborative documentation also
http://gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_oVirt_Setup_Guide which could be
referred just in case.

Temporarily to build ovirt-node-image you could get glusterfs from "
http://ftp.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/ovirt/10/x86_64/<http://ftp.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/ovirt/>"
which was released just to make sure to handle this inconsistency with
rawhide/upstream releases.

PS: Also while providing the input for export path don't provide the backend
directory path, in glusterfs case we need to provide the <export-name>
export-name can be anything of your choice this exports each client side
configuration served from server configuration file. <export-name> in the
attached server configuration file is "vmimages" eg.
volume-filename.vmimages  /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol

Let me know how it goes :)

Regards
--
Harshavardhana