[Ovirt-devel] QMF API for Ovirt

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Fri Jun 26 16:38:00 UTC 2009

Hi,

Scott, Ian, and I have been working on the beginnings of a QMF[1] API
for Ovirt over the last few weeks. That work happened on the dev/qmf2
branch in the git repo.

While the API is not finished, the code is at a point where it would be
better to merge it into next and continue development on that branch.
Since the branch has a rather large number of patches, and almost all of
it is new code that doesn't affect any of the existing bits, we decided
to merge the branch into next without spamming the world with a huge
number of patches. We would of course still appreciate any feedback on
the code - if you want to review it, you can do that based on the
dev/qmf2 branch.

The most important aspect of this of course is the actual API; I attach
the API definition and would really appreciate feedback on that. As I
said, the API isn't fully implemented yet, and there's some additional
work around basic plumbing like an init script etc. but all that will
happen on the next branch.

I will merge dev/qmf2 into next in the next few minutes.
David

[1] http://qpid.apache.org/qpid-management-framework.html