[Ovirt-devel] Error creating virtual machine: Error: Error creating new domain (virDomainCreate). Subsystem qemu: internal error

Hugh O. Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Wed May 20 15:51:34 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 01:26:57PM +0200, Freddy Stutterheim wrote:
> Hello ,
> i am trying to install a virtual machine and i get this error in tasks in
> the ovirt webinterface.
>
> Error creating virtual machine: Error: Error creating new domain
> (virDomainCreate). Subsystem qemu: internal error Failed to add tap
> interface 'vnet%d' to bridge 'breth0' : No such device in
> DomainWrap.cpp:ManagementMethod:115
>
> On the node startup i only see breth1 geting started.
>
> How can i fix this?
>
> And also the node is reported in the webinterface as hypervisor QEMU,
> not kvm. The processor is an intel xeon with VT.

Hmm. So on the interface issue, what networks do you have defined, and
how have you mapped the interfaces on the host to them? We shouldn't
ever be trying to bridge the admin NIC, so if that's eth0 that could be
the problem.

On the other hand, it could be as simple as rebooting the node, which
you have to do once you map networks to it (and we have failed to
document that).

I'm not aware of any issues with the node using KVM. Is VT definitely
turned on in the bios?

Hope this helps,
--Hugh