[Ovirt-devel] Build fails due to missing ovirt-node-recipe.ks

Nicolas Ochem nicolas.ochem at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu Aug 19 09:21:20 UTC 2010

> I did notice some oddities with the network.  If I tried to bring up a
> VM on another node where the nic to network order was swapped it didn't
> seem to like it.  ie. node1 - eth0 guest, eth1 admin and node2 - eth0
> admin, eth1 guest.
>
> Also, nodes don't always appear.  Start up one node and it all works,
> shut it down, start it up with the cables swapped over everything
> appears to work but nothing appears in the UI.

It's not obvious, but when you first boot a node, you need to "edit
network" in the Hosts tab and attach the Nics to the Networks manually.

> Is there a way to remove nodes?  I have one node that's in there twice
> because I was playing around with which NIC would be plugged in to which
> network.  For the moment I've just created another group and moved any
> defunct nodes to there.

To remove a node you need to :
-remove it in  the kerberos database using the shell : kadmin.local -p
ovirtadmin (type ? for help)
-remove it in the freeipa database in  /usr/share/ipa/html/*-libvirt.tab
- remove it in ovirt database using
/usr/share/ovirt-server/script/console production or directly in
postgres CLI

But I'd rather recommend running the management server in a VM and
making a "clean snapshot" with no nodes.