[Ovirt-devel] iSCSI and disk timeouts

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish.com.au
Thu Aug 26 08:00:44 UTC 2010

  Hi,

I'm having a problem where one of the VM's I'm running appears to be
hanging.  I think what might be happening is that the disk is timing out
and being mounted read-only (or something like that).  The VM image is
on an iSCSI volume.

What timeouts are set for iSCSI on the node?  I seem to recall it being
either 30 seconds or 2 minutes but I haven't been able to confirm.  What
timeouts are set for the hard drive within the VM?

I'm wondering if it's not actually iSCSI that's the problem, but the
fact that the VM actually thinks it's a local hard disk.  Perhaps the
volume is taking a bit longer than normal to respond at times and iSCSI
deals with this but because the VM thinks it's a local hard drive the
timeouts are shorter so it returns an error and remounts read-only.

I've left the console to the VM logged in for now in the hopes of
catching an error message this time.

Cheers,
Justin.