[Ovirt-devel] Freezing Rails in ovirt-server...

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 13:38:03 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 02:15:48PM +0100, Pierre-Gilles Mialon wrote:
> > > Do you have an idea of the time needed to make the ovirt-server following
> > > F12 or F13 (both case).
> > > We would help on this subject, please could you precise the difficulty
> > > that you see.
> >
> > I'd estimate the upgrade the ovirt-server to F12 would be about one
> > man-week of effort to complete.
>
> And for F13 is it the same ?

I'm not sure. I haven't looked at what version of Rails is in Rawhide,
nor what differences there are between 2.3.4 and that version.

> We have already started on this subject but the node are today our main
> target.
>
> Since F13 is frozen, would it be preferable to focus on it ?

Well, we _should_ try to support F12 as well as F13, but for progress
I'd be happier with targeting F13 and then backporting things to F12 as
needed.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/