[Ovirt-devel] Build fails due to missing ovirt-node-recipe.ks

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Fri Jul 2 10:43:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 08:34:42PM +1000, Justin Clacherty wrote:
> On 07/02/2010 08:17 PM, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> >
> >I've fixed the wiki page to give the right command instruction, which is "make rpms".
> >will generate the ovirt-node and ovirt-node-tools RPMs.
>
> "make rpms" fails for me.
>
> Justin.
>
> [root at ovirt ovirt]# make rpms
> make: *** No rule to make target `rpms'.  Stop.

Okay, then there's definitely something odd. I just did a complete build from a fresh
clone of the repo:

git clone ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/ovirt/node.git
cd node
git checkout -b next --track origin/next
./autogen.sh
./configure
make rpms

And it worked just fine. I have RPMs in my ~/rpmbuildsRPMS/{noarchs,x86_64}
directories as expected. Can you verify that your environment has a Makefile in the
node directory and that an error didn't happen after you ran ./configure, perhaps
complaining about a missing package or library?

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/