[Ovirt-devel] ovirt-debug-data

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Mon Mar 8 21:02:29 UTC 2010

(cc'ing the ovirt-devel mailing list)

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 09:13:43PM +0100, Arthur CLEMENT wrote:
> I need an non-reachable ip to increase the security (nobody have to log on the
> node from this interface). The interface does'nt require an ip, the ethernet
> connection is sufficient to be bridged, only vms will get an ip. I already use
> unconfigured interface (0.0.0.0) on the server which hosts ovirt and it works
> pretty well.

Yeah, but it raises a problem with the way the node data payload is
processed. This is an edge use case and definitely not one we had
thought about when considering how to setup a node's network interfaces,
having the NIC on the host have no IP but instead only have the VMs get
IP addresses.

I think a better way to handle this is to explicitly configure the
network interface to have no address. Then what's passed down by the
server would be something that explicitly says "don't configure
networking on this NIC".

I've submitted a patch to the list for handing the missing field name or
value which is produced by this particular configuration. It will abort
processing the config when it shows up.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/