[Ovirt-devel] Bugs with ovirt-awake

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 19:55:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 06:31:38PM +0100, Arthur CLEMENT wrote:
> I have other things to report about ovirt-awake
>
> The script doesn't know the runtime mode
>
> In my /proc/cmdline I have "runtime_mode=ovirt", but in my ovirt.log :
> "Node is operating in unmanaged mode"
>
> I found that the loading of /etc/sysconfig/node-config overide the karg variable
> OVIRT_RUNTIME_MODE all the time .

The command line argument's not getting processed until ovirt-early,
which is after the awake process.

> I found these lines in ovirt-awake :
> # load the configuration file
> [ -f "$NODE_CONFIG" ] && . "$NODE_CONFIG"
>
> have to be before this :
>
> . /usr/libexec/ovirt-functions
>
> I don't know where this ovirt-functions script gets OVIRT_RUNTIME_MODE ( from
> /proc/cmdline I guess ) but I precise I still override the kargs runtime_mode
> in ovirt-early ($runtime_mode read from karg is not converted in
> $OVIRT_RUNTIME_MODE ), I doubt there is an influence but I prefer to mention
> it.
>
> my little fix for ovirt-early (this fix have to be fix :) )
> runtime mode):
>
>     368             runtime_mode*)
>     369             runtime_mode=${i#runtime_mode=}
>     370             OVIRT_RUNTIME_MODE=${i#runtime_mode=}
>     371             ;;
>

> I'll perform more tests next week but if you have ant thoughts you're welcome

I think we should pull the kernel argument portion of ovirt-early out and make
THAT run before anything else, including ovirt-awake. That way the
kernel arguments are pull out up front before anything else is done.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/