[Ovirt-devel] Need your information

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Wed Mar 24 13:01:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 07:42:15AM +0530, clouduser s wrote:
> Before starting with Ovirt, i would like to discuss for the following
> queries,
>
> 1) Ovirt will support all OS ?

oVirt doesn't not limit or constrain what operating systems are
supported _in the virtual machines_ running on the managed node. The
managed node itself, though, is a custom Fedora spin.

> 2) Can i integrate Ovirt with my java applications ?
> 3) I am looking for the open source tool that which i can integrate with my
> java applications and manage cloud infrasturcture.

What do you mean by "integrate" in these two questions?

> 4) Managing the coloud infrastructure such as create image, deploy the
> image to cloud host provider ?
> 5) Using Ovirt can i deploy the image to EC2, private eucalyptus, rackspace

Right now the oVirt _server_ is specific to the oVirt managed node;
i.e., it only does management for the managed node and not for other
systems.

However, I'm currently working on defining the next generation
management interface for the managed node. One that will hopefully be
acceptable to other management and virtualization systesm such as
eucalyptus, open nebula, etc. that they could use to mix and match
virtualation management and hosting systems.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/