[Ovirt-devel] How to test Ovirt

Javier Ramirez Molina javilinux at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 23:38:47 UTC 2010

Hi,
I have just joined the list looking to contribute to the project so
excuse me if what I ask is very basic, but I have read the
mailing-list archive up to June last year and I did not find the
answers.

1. What are the requirements to build the node iso?

I'm asking this because I tried to follow the instructions at
https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/wiki/Build

But when I run the ./autogen.sh command inside the node directory I
get the following error message:

checking for main in -lpython2.6... no
configure: error: Cannot find python development libraries.

I'm running fedora 14 with python 2.7 so I supposed I need to use an
older Fedora or is there any other way?

2. How accurate and up to date is the documentation at
http://ovirt.et.redhat.com/docs/Using_the_oVirt_Server_Suite_User_Interface/
?

3. Is using the fedora repositories the best way to install the
ovirt-server ? If so, I suppose that using Fedora 14 is the best
option or it has to match the version used to build the node iso?

Finally I would like to say that although I'm not a developer I'm
really looking to help as a tester, helping with documentation or any
other way.

Regards.