[Ovirt-devel] libvirt-qpid and live migration

Arthur Clément aclement at linagora.com
Thu Sep 30 07:33:25 UTC 2010

I have troubles with live migration since I upgraded libvirt on my nodes

1) I have to change 'Libvirt::Domain::MIGRATE_LIVE'  to '1' in taskomatic
error :
Error: uninitialized constant Libvirt::Domain::MIGRATE_LIVE
and why '1' : http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html

2) the migration fails with this error :
Task action processing failed: RuntimeError: Timed out waiting for response

So I looked into taskomatic code and I saw this comment :

# Sadly migrate with qpid is broken because it requires a connection between
# both nodes and currently that can't happen securely.  For now we do it
# the old fashioned way..

I could'nt get Ian Main on Irc, so I asked here if someone knows about this
issue.

I tried to test qpid migration with python (method : migrate(destinationUri,
flags, newDomainName, uri, bandwidth)) but I might be to stupid to know what's
the difference between destinationUri and uri. I tested objectid, hostname...
I only got errors.

My idea is to test live migration with qpid and replace the old method if it
works.

--
Arthur CLEMENT
Linagora Paris