[Ovirt-devel] oVirt Node Fedora Feature Status

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 00:20:58 UTC 2011

> You can do this fairly easily via a Fedora Remix.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Remix
>
> Note that Fedora remixes don't have to include the "Fedora Remix" name -
> you can essentially call it whatever you'd like.

That's an excellent suggestion.

So we'll build just a single oVirt Node ISO that we'll host on
ovirt.org.  It'll be branded with oVirt brand, logos, etc and will
include the blacklisting.

And then we'll submit the oVirt Node ISO as a Fedora Remix.

One thing to note is:
> The Fedora Remix allows you to combine non-Fedora software with
> Fedora, but you must observe the appropriate trademark guidelines,
> which include removing the fedora-logos, fedora-release, and
> fedora-release-notes packages and replacing them with equivalents. We
> provide the generic-logos, generic-release, and generic-release-notes
> packages for these purposes, but you may also create your own.
> Additional guidelines may apply, so please read them, and the
> following section as well, for more information.

So we'll need to make sure we fix this if we haven't already.

Unless anyone has objections (and it doesn't seem that folks do thus
far) I propose that we go ahead and deprecate the Spin feature request
and just fix the ISO to be a remix
* include the Fedora Remix logo somewhere on the graphics we use for
  bootsplash, etc
* remove the fedora-logos/release/release-notes packages and replace
  with generic

Perry