[Ovirt-devel] Draft / Ovirt Node validation matrix

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 10:27:50 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 4:00 AM, Athmane Madjoudj
<athmane at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_ovirt-firstboot
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_ovirt-admin-shell
>
> Feel free to improve them.
>
> Here's some issue I've found:

Thanks for the testing, yeah there are issues we're trying to resolve
with the 2.0.1 before freeze.
I'll check your report and open BZs if there isn't one already.

> Other notes:
>
> - I'm wondering why there's anyterm shell on port 81

that was used by ovirt-server to access VM consoles
I think we can remove it now and get it back if some new management
framework will use it

> - I couldn't find oVirt web interface, is something changed ?

Yeah, ovirt-server is not actively developed anymore, see
https://www.redhat.com/archives/ovirt-devel/2011-June/msg00000.html
We're focusing now on ovirt-node only, which is an upstream project
for RHEV Hypervisor product and want to make it work stand-alone and
with different management frameworks. For a test, we're now including
libvirt-cim and condor-cloud.

> - AFAIK ovirt-node-image.iso (146.0 MB) is the smallest bare metal
> hypervisor, good work.

I'm afraid this will grow, with CIM added and Condor-cloud adds >100MB
of dependencies...
That's why we're also working on a kind of plugin architecture where
it will be possible to add a set of packages to the core node image,
based on edit-livecd from livecd-tools. The core image will work
stand-alone and each "plugin" (tarball with RPMs + kickstart recipe)
will add support for one management framework.

Alan