[Ovirt-devel] ovirt (git) build removes ovirtnode.password

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 13:48:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 19:36 +1000, Geoff O'Callaghan wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I may be doing something wrong.    I built ovirt-node-image from git
> using instructions at https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/wiki/Build
> (note: the -b next should be removed from the wiki)

Thanks, I'll fix that.

> Anyway, moving on.   I successfully created an ovirt-node-image.iso,
> but when I boot off it, the first boot fails with ovirtnode.password
> being missing.   I can see in recipe/ovirt-node-image.ks that it
> recursively removes *.py etc files but I couldn't find anywhere where
> it was actually meant to compile the ovirtnode python code - ie. All
> of /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirtnode/*.py are removed as part
> of the iso image create.   I can see the python source in the
> generated ovirt-node-2.0.1-999-fc15.noarch.rpm

The byte compile should be handled automatically in the rpm build step.
Does your ovirt-node.rpm contain the .pyc and .pyo files?

Can you send your build log?

Just some quick thoughts:

We do assume that you've already got the packages listed here installed
on your build machine:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Exceptions_2

More info on python byte compiling (as much for me and the rest of the
list as you :-)  ):

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Python#Byte_compiling

> As you can tell i'm doing this on F15 - anything i'm doing wrong
> here ?

We're going to be dropping F15 support completely.  There is a bug in
dracut that isn't going to be fixed in F15 that will be done in F16.
I'll be posting patches to drop the F15 ks files from the repo later
today.

You can still use F15 as a build host, you just need to tell it what
you're building by editing your .rpmmacros file with these entries:

%fedora 16
%dist .fc16

Thanks

Mike