Re: xlock (was Re: libcrypt info)

Michael K. Johnson wrote:

> Let's not go off the deep end here.  From my reading, there is no
> evidence of any weakness pertinent to this application.  In particular,

This is correct. Currently there is no evidence that this *is* a real
problem. So no one should panic! I just brought it up to emphasize
that these sorts of things are constantly being re-evaluated. A couple
of days reading sci.crypt will convince anyone that there is at least
some controversy regarding MD5 at the moment. It may well blow over,
but that's not to say there aren't some people sweating at the moment!

Andrew