Re: passwd

> cracklib by default.  If the shadow passwd is not functionally inferior
> to the others I'd be wondering why you have ignored it when it is so
> widely used.

What I meant was, if shadow is to be pamified, the shadow passwd will (I
think!) be used anyway.  It will have to be separately PAM-ized by Marek
and crew, or efforts could be combined and we would have a single,
standard passwd on Linux systems.  (The shadow suite has a no-shadow
option.  I think this means passwd can be separated from the rest.) All
IMHO.

Perhaps shadow is entirely superseded by PAM, but my understanding to
date is that it is not.