Re: GDBM/DB password file support

>  On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, Derrick J. Brashear wrote:
>
>  > Aren't you getting into the realm of what nsswitch does? Wouldn't it be
better
>  > to just let nsswitch do it? Or do I misunderstand libpwdb?
>
>  Nope, because with the libpwdb the application can request specific
>  information from a specific database. With nsswitch if you do:
>  	user: nis files
>  you won't be able to tell to the application where the entry comed from.
>  With PAM, we needed to be very sure on the datasources, so we started
>  libpwdb.

Ok, I asked wrong. What I meant was, what's to prevent you from reusing modules
from nsswitch, and the API, rather than having n implementations of essentially
the same code, where n>1

>  > Any time estimates on .53 release?
>
>  Maybe next week. Maybe.

Just curious, actually, I'm in no rush. I'll probably make up a Kerberos 4
module after .53 is out and contribute it back.

-D