Re: Pam Shadow still no work

It worked for me.

I installed RH 4.0 and then:

pwconv5
chmod 400 /etc/shadow- /etc/passwd-

Perhaps you forgot to do these two commands?.

I assume you installed Red-hat 4.0.

Mario A. Guerra (mguerra@ns.ucr.ac.cr)
Soporte de UNIX y Sistemas Abiertos (UNIX and open systems support)
Unidad de Redes, Universidad de Costa Rica, San Pedro, Costa Rica
Telefono (Phone): +506-207-5673,  Fax:  +506-225-5911