Re: Solaris 2.5

Mario Guerra wrote:

> We installed recently a couple of machines with Solaris 2.5.
>
> I have noticed that it uses PAM, apparently. The /lib/security is there.
> Are the authentication-aware applications (xdm, login ,su) PAM-aware?.
> If I'm not wrong, PAM was developed by Sun, right?.

I'm not so sure that 2.5 has PAM as more than a "internal" feature
currently. On our Sun systems at work, we have the modules in
/usr/lib/security but nothing in the way of an /etc/pam.conf file..

Since there are a few Sun lurkers on this list, perhaps one of them can give
a semi-official comment?

Best wishes

Andrew