Re: shadow and other questions..

On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, Shane DeRidder wrote:

> First, I have heard PAM is shadow-capable.  I have a couple Alpha UDB's
> running RedHat 4.0 (Linux kernel 2.0.22) that I will be using for unix
> shell accounts and for obvious reasons, I would like to shadow the
> passwords.  Is this possible with PAM?

It should be, but there is a bug in the glibc which shipped with 4.0. I
expect to have new glibc RPM's which should fix this by the end of the
week.

> Alternatively, I've also heard that PAM can authenticate using RADIUS.
> Are there modules available to do this yet?

RADIUS modules aren't available yet, but they are being actively worked
on.

Erik

   Always hoped that I'd be an apostle. Knew that I would make it if I tried.
     Then when we retire we can write the gospels so they'll all talk about
       us when we've die. - "The Last Supper" from Jesus Christ Superstar
|   Erik Troan   =   http://sunsite.unc.edu/ewt/   =   ewt@sunsite.unc.edu    |