0.52 /etc/passwd mode 640?

I just upgraded to 0.52, and have run into a minor snag.  Whenever I
update my password, /etc/passwd gets changed to mode 640.  /etc/shadow
is correctly set at 600.  Shouldn't the mode of /etc/passwd either be
preserved (from /etc/passwd-) or at least set to X44?

The 0.50 that I was using as distributed by RedHat did preserve the
permissions (or at least didn't set them to XX0), but it looks like
the unix auth PAM has been completely reworked.

Would you like me to pursue patching this?  Would somone else rather, or
is it already fixed?

Sean
(Mmmm...  MD5 passwords)
--
 Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life.
                 -- Eric Hoffer