Re: login bug ?

"Michael K. Johnson" writes:
>It's a simple bug in our pamification of login; that was in the middle
>of other authorization and I simply missed it while pamifying it.  I'll
>have a new version of our util-linux package out soon.

As well as a new version of *pam* out.  Also, I think Elliot did the
original pamification of login -- sorry Elliot, didn't mean to take
credit for your work...

The new pam will have to include yet another module which only allows
root in if /etc/nologin is in place; we'll have a new util-linux and
NetKit-B which take advantage of it as well; we should keep out
at least login, rsh, rlogin, and rexec by default, I think.

Rather than try to make a general-purpose module that handles this
case, I think it makes the most sense to have a pam_nologin module.
Anyone disagree?

michaelkjohnson