Re: login bug ?

jafo@tummy.com writes:
>Did you do the PAMification of FTP/ftpd for RedHat?

I only adapted Al Longyear's ftpd pamification; I don't know
anything about it...  :-/

It's based on the patches that have shipped with Linux-PAM for many
months.

>I had a question
>on what was happening with the S/Key module I was working on.  When I
>write out the s/key information, it seems to interrupt the login
>process (the FTP daemon writes it out and includes a 530 line that
>doesn't have a '-').  I never end up getting the password prompt.
>
>I gave more detail in the message I posted on S/Key a few days ago.
>I'm hoping to start working on it again this afternoon, now that I
>have the new release of our software done.

I don't know enough about ftp or s/key to be much help there.  I
didn't even go through the ftpd patch to see how it worked; at the
time I applied it I thought that Al knew what he was doing, and since
it worked in every situation I tried it in, I didn't argue.

I don't know exactly what behavior you *want* from ftp, and I don't
quite understand where it went wrong; you'll have to read through the
ftp source to figure that out...

Good luck!

michaelkjohnson