Re: login bug ?

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Michael K. Johnson wrote:

> Elliot Lee writes:
> >I think basically what is happening is that he has to ask for a different
> >password for S/Key than for UNIX (the prompt has to be different).
>
> Do you mean that it needs *two* passwords for one session?  I don't
> know that the ftp protocol is designed to handle that.  I know that
> several other network protocols definitely aren't.

I'm not sure that the S/Key module will be intended to work like that (it
was going to be a sufficient for pam_unix_auth, which means that it will
replace UNIX login).

But... it certainly needs to be possible. To login to *.whitehouse.gov,
for example, they have to enter both a SecureID password and another,
unchanging password, and as is PAM can't handle that.

-- Elliot