Re: login bug ?

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Michael K. Johnson wrote:

> Do you mean that it needs *two* passwords for one session?  I don't
> know that the ftp protocol is designed to handle that.  I know that
> several other network protocols definitely aren't.

The ftp protocol is definitely not designed to handle this. You could
probably hack it through the ftp's ACCT mechanism, but that would confuse
the bejesus out of most users and I doubt it would work with the majority
of ftp clients anyway.

Erik

   Always hoped that I'd be an apostle. Knew that I would make it if I tried.
     Then when we retire we can write the gospels so they'll all talk about
       us when we've die. - "The Last Supper" from Jesus Christ Superstar
|   Erik Troan   =   http://sunsite.unc.edu/ewt/   =   ewt@sunsite.unc.edu    |