ssh and md5.

Hello all.  I wasn't really able to get too much info from the ssh list on
this, but I'd like to use ssh with md5 passwords, so I could try to move
my whole system to them (save xdm for now though!).

Someone mentioned that ssh works fine with FreeBSD and md5 passwords,
because he thought it just called the crypt(3) function which is
type-independant.  Does anyone know of a way to do this with linux?  Will
a simple recompile of ssh do it?

Thanks much

Regards,

Dave