XDM and humble pie

So, after recompiling xdm from the redhat source, it still didn't work.
Odd, thought I, it looked like it should have. Time to do some more
experimenting. Long story short, it was actually dying on the securetty.so
module not on the passwd component! I don't know why it is doing this, I
guess a bug in securetty.so, but at least I am up and running now.

So, I tried the original one from RedHat and sure enough it works in the
same way (which, of course, only makes sense as I didn't alter the source
at all).

So, it is now working on my system with shadow/md5 and pwdb. Do I feel
like a dork ;-)

Ah well, at least I know get to link it with libpwdb so its not a total
loss ;-)

cheers, kinch