Re: Anybody out there got an xlock that works with libpwdb.so?

Ted Garrett wrote:
> Then I activated an xlock.  That was just fine, until I decided I
> wanted to do something else.  Can't log in.  /var/log/messages gets a
> line which reads :
>
> tgrafix PAM_pwdb[2361]: get passwd; pwdb: request not recognized

This is most likely due to the fact that xlock cannot access your
/etc/shadow file. [I really must finish the "helper binary" I started to do
this..]

> So I figured... What the heck.  I'll live without xlock for a while.
> Then my Wife attempted to attach to her home directory from her Win95
> machine.  Her password isn't accepted by the samba stuff.
> Interesting.

I really can't help with Samba. Perhaps someone else has some idea what the
problem is here?

Cheers

Andrew
                  http://parc.power.net/morgan/index.html